We are committed to working with you to make your dental care affordable. We have a variety of ways you can pay for your care.
Using Dental Insurance at Virginia Family Dental
If you have dental insurance, we will help in every way we can to file your claim and handle insurance questions on your behalf. Here are the basic steps to the process:
- Provide us with the details of your insurance plan when making your appointment. Always bring your dental insurance card with you to your dental appointment.
- Know and understand your dental insurance policy. If you have any questions, consult your insurance company or employer for clarification.
- Assign your insurance benefit to Virginia Family Dental so we can file your claims on your behalf.
- We will provide you with an estimate of your patient portion based on information you provide to us. Every insurance plan provides different levels of benefits based on the coverage your employer has provided. We will ask for your estimated patient portion at the time of the appointment. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, debit card, or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).
- We will submit an insurance claim on your behalf following your appointment. It typically takes 3 to 6 weeks for the insurance companies to respond with payment.
- Your insurance company typically sends you an Explanation of Benefit (“EOB”) that provides you all of the details on how they have processed the claim. Note that in some cases, they may not pay anything based on provisions in your contract.
- Once we have received payment from your insurance company we will provide you with a statement summarizing any remaining balance that you are responsible to pay. In the event your insurance company denies payment for any reason, you will be responsible for all charges incurred for your care.